This is Hidden Grounds's first roasted blend. We take the amazing selection of coffees from Sumatra and Ethiopia and blend them to perfection. You will taste some amazing notes of Brown Sugar and Honey with a very clean and balanced after-taste.
Roast Level | Medium
Flavor Notes: Balanced | Brown Sugar | Honey
Whole Bean Only!
ORIGIN INFORMATION - Sumatra
- Grower: Smallholder farmers from North Sumatra
- Variety: Typica, Catimor, and Bourbon
- Region: North Sumatra, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Harvest: July - December; flycrop Feb/Mar
- Altitude: 975 – 1,800 meters
- Soil: Volcanic loam
- Process: Wet-Hulled
ORIGIN INFORMATION - Ethiopia
- Grower: 600-900 coffee producers organized around the Sengage Agro Industry PLC
- Variety: Indigenous heirloom cultivars
- Region: Gedeo Zone, Southern Nations Nationalities, and Peoples' Region, Ethiopia
- Harvest: October – December
- Altitude: 2,050 – 2,200 meters
- Soil : Vertisol
- Process: Full natural and dried on raised beds
Did you ever have a flashback to those true passionate moments in your life before a near death experience? Did you ever think “what have I done in my life that is valuable and significant?” Well, for us it was the journey of opening Hidden Grounds that we truly discovered what we loved. The people, the community and the space we have created has given us everything we could ever dreamed of and more. The great news is that we are just getting started...
In 2017, we have officially started to roast our own coffee.
When we decided to take this step, we knew the challenges would arise: being frugal with our funding so we can find a way to roast some green beans in our sample roaster. We remember all of the self-doubting moments that, rightfully so, never made us comfortable enough putting a mediocre product in the market. We remember coming up with inventive solutions to waft out the smoke in our space so we can run our shop…the situations were endless. But, the most valuable memory was drinking the first cup of our own roasted coffee. We ended up dancing the night away cause it was just that good.
Fast-forward to a month later and we were facing the challenge of coming up with a catchy-name. We immediately started thinking about this while listening to our favorite band; Cold Weather Company. One of their most popular songs, Wide-Eyed, is a beautiful melody about unprecedented love and being innocent in this experience and we simply resonated with that.
Listen to the song: Wide-Eyed by Cold Weather Company